Shopping is a good way to chill ............. well maybe chill is not a good descriptive word to choose for anything in this heat!! You can't chill, you just sit quietly and melt.
We went to the street market 'mercadillo' eventhough we didn't need anything. Isn't life wonderful? I came back with 5 skirts and 2 pairs of trousers. Such pretty colours; they all fit really well; and were absolute bargains so it would have been very silly not to have bought them wouldn't it? I would have regretted it for ages.
.Our only other purchase was 2kilos of dark skinned plums .............. oh yum .... how sweet can a plum be? Am I always talking food?
.A visit to the farmacia was called for on our return trip .......... for me of course. As Ian always says ' she knows all the farmacias in Los A and has used them all !' If only I could deny it ! Well, this time it turns out I have 'allergic conjuctivitis'. Some drops sold to me by the very charming lady have nearly sorted the problem and at least I now know the reason for my blurred vision and can stop cleaning my glasses and looking for scratches.
.A good night's sleep will see me 100% in the morning, I am sure. Last night was a bit of a nuisance and unusual for the apartment which is normally very quiet. Sleeping with the window open is not always a good choice. Had just fallen asleep when I was awoken by a couple of youngsters jogging along the road; he was a little way in front of her and she was shouting to him (in spanish). OK; tolerance rules, they are trying to keep fit and they can't run in the heat; go back to sleep. At this point I didn't know that they would jog round 'the block' for the next hour or so with each circuit taking about 15 minutes ................. just long enough to drift off to sleep to be woken up again. On the second circuit she was whistling to attract his attention; on the next circuit he was obviously a bit bored and was kicking an empty water bottle which was clattering along in front of him; and on the final circuit that I heard they were joined by another youth and they were all singing something with no tune !
.Tolerance rules ................. get back to sleep as quickly as possible. Oh goodness me, just drifted off again when I heard the most terrible 'screaming' ..................... out of bed I jump yet again and look out of the window to see the very small dog from the finca opposite chasing a cat at great speed across the field and over the road. I have never seen animals move so fast in all my life; it was the cat screaming for sure and I think maybe a moment or so before the dog had actually caught up with him.
.
Finally, the night-time torments finished as the dustcart arrived, driven at its usual mad speed and screeching of brakes, to lift and empty the large roadside wheelie bins with as much noise as possible (it seemed). Hey Ho!! I'm sure things will be back to normal tonight.
.F
Following a much needed siesta this afternoon, we set off on our bikes for a ride along the seafront to the nature reserve in the direction of the airport. Now that so many families have returned home it is possible to cycle on the paseo again. We met Sandra and Leslie on the way back and stopped to catch up on the news about what everyone is doing. Three people on the complex are returning to the UK, two because of lack of work out here. I notice that they will all go October/November time after they have enjoyed the hot weather.
.
We had an evening in tonight watching the US Open tennis and enjoying a bottle of wine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.